Thursday, July 14, 2011

Caprese Salad Kabobs!

I've never been a big dairy eater...I don't drink milk, I eat cheese in moderation, I'm not even a huge ice cream fan. But in the past year or so I have fallen in love with Caprese Salads. In case you are unfamiliar with them, they are made up of Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil, and Balsamic Vinegar. I needed a quick appetizer to take to a friend's house for a porch party, and decided to make a mini-version of a Caprese Salad. These are a great, easy-to-make appetizer to make (and take) somewhere when you need something last minute!

You Need:
Cherry Tomatoes
Mozzarella Cheese
Basil Leaves
Balsamic Vinegar
Toothpicks

Preparation:
1. Rinse the cherry tomatoes and thread a toothpick through the center.
2. Tear basil leaves into small pieces. Thread them onto the the toothpick beside the tomato.
3. Slice the Mozzarella into the appropriate size and place them onto the toothpick
4. Pour Balsamic Vinegar into a small bowl to use as a dip.



So cute. So simple. So good!


EDIT: Found tiny mozzarella balls (similarly sized to the cherry tomatoes!) at Sam's Club in a medium sized tub. They were absolutely PERFECT for this appetizer....much cuter than the slices I had to use the first time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment