Monday, June 6, 2011

Better Than Sex Cake

On Friday my mother informed me that I needed to make dessert 12 people for our weekend at the lake with family and some friends. She said cookies or brownies from the package were fine, but I wanted to go a little further and make something more homemade.  My roommate made "Better Than Sex" Cake over Spring Break this year and it was a huge hit, so I decided to try it out for myself.  She got this recipe from Recipes.com and emailed it to me.

You will need:
  1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (if no pudding in mix, add 1 small. box instant vanilla pudding)
  4 eggs  1/2 c. oil
  1/2 c. water
  1 c. sour cream
  1 bar German's sweet chocolate, grated
  1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
  1 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch chips
  1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts

Mix first 7 ingredients by hand and beat only a few strokes (it doesn't need to be well mixed at this point). Then add last 3 ingredients and mix the concoction well. Bake in greased and
floured Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Invert immediately to cake plate.
Note: Grease the Bundt pan WELL. I didn't grease the part in the middle as well as I should have       and my cake didn't come out cleanly. However, it still tasted great!

This was a big hit with the family and our friends and is definitely something I'll be trying again! Here are some pictures to show you what it looks like!

Some of the ingredients (minus eggs, sour cream, oil, water)

Cake Mix, Eggs, Oil, Water, Sour Cream, and the beginnings of the grated chocolate
Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, and Pecans added
Gooey mixture

Finished Product (ideally, there should be a hole in the middle. Like I said, I didn't do a great job greasing the middle of the Bundt pan!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment